According to best-medical-schools, Pegram, Tennessee is a small town located in Cheatham County. With a population of just over 2,000 people, Pegram is a tight-knit community that enjoys the quiet life of the countryside. The geography of Pegram is mostly flat with rolling hills in some parts and rolling valleys in others. There are many creeks and streams that run throughout the area, providing plenty of natural beauty to enjoy. The climate in Pegram is mild with hot summers and cool winters.
The history of Pegram dates back to before the Civil War when it was home to several Confederate soldiers who fought for the South during the conflict. In more recent years, Pegram has become known for its strong political leanings as it has been traditionally represented by conservative politicians from both major parties.
The economy of Pegram is largely based on agriculture and industry with many local businesses providing jobs to residents. There are also several schools in the area such as Cheatham County High School and Middle School as well as elementary schools like East Cheatham Elementary School and West Side Elementary School which serve students from kindergarten through eighth grade.
When it comes to landmarks, there are several historic sites in Pegram including the historic courthouse which was built in 1853 and renovated in 2014, as well as other structures like churches and homes that date back to early settlers of the area. Additionally, visitors can take part in a variety of outdoor activities such as fishing or hiking at nearby parks like Harpeth River State Park or Montgomery Bell State Park which provide an array of recreational opportunities for families to enjoy together.
Population: 2,146. Estimated population in July 2020: 2,166 (+0.9% change)
Males: 1,089 (50.7%), Females: 1,057 (49.3%)
Zip code: 37143
Median resident age: 35.5 years
Median household income: $55,259
Median house value: $146,000
Races in Pegram:
- White Non-Hispanic (94.3%)
- Black (3.7%)
- Hispanic (1.4%)
- American Indian (0.7%)
- Two or more races (0.5%)
Ancestries: United States (19.6%), Irish (12.5%), English (12.3%), German (11.2%), Scotch-Irish (3.4%), Scottish (3.0%).
Elevation: 549 feet
Land area: 8.0 square miles
Pegram, Tennessee is a small town located in Cheatham County. According to the 2010 US Census, the population of Pegram was 825. This population has grown steadily since then and is estimated to be around 1000 people as of 2020. The town’s population is predominantly white with over 90% of residents identifying as Caucasian. The other 10% of the population consists of African American, Hispanic, and Asian individuals. The average age in Pegram is 37 years old with a median household income of $57,000.
The majority of Pegram’s population works in manufacturing and agricultural industries as well as retail stores within the town and nearby cities. There are also many small businesses throughout the town that provide job opportunities for local residents. Education levels in Pegram are slightly below average compared to other towns in Tennessee with only 11% having a college degree or higher. Despite this, there are still plenty of educational opportunities available at both public and private schools in the area. In addition to this, there are also several churches throughout Pegram that provide spiritual guidance and fellowship for its citizens.
For population 25 years and over in Pegram
- High school or higher: 84.8%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 25.3%
- Graduate or professional degree: 6.1%
- Unemployed: 2.1%
- Mean travel time to work: 29.3 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Pegram town
- Never married: 17.1%
- Now married: 67.6%
- Separated: 1.2%
- Widowed: 5.3%
- Divorced: 8.8%
1.4% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +760 (+54.8%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Pegram:
- ST THOMAS HOSPITAL (about 14 miles; NASHVILLE, TN)
- NASHVILLE METROPOLITAN BORDEAUX HOSP (about 16 miles; NASHVILLE, TN)
- VANDERBILT STALLWORTH REHAB HOSP LP (about 18 miles; NASHVILLE, TN)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Pegram:
- NASHVILLE INTL (about 27 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Abbreviation: BNA)
- SMYRNA (about 38 miles; SMYRNA, TN; Abbreviation: MQY)
- CAMPBELL AAF (about 49 miles; FORT CAMPBELL/HOPKINSVILLE, KY; Abbreviation: HOP)
Other public-use airports nearest to Pegram:
- JOHN C TUNE (about 13 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Abbreviation: JWN)
- DICKSON MUNI (about 26 miles; DICKSON, TN; Abbreviation: M02)
- CORNELIA FORT AIRPARK (about 27 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Abbreviation: M88)
Amtrak station near Pegram:
- 20 miles: NASHVILLE (GREYHOUND STA., 200 8TH AVE. S.) – Bus Station. Services: enclosed waiting area, public restrooms, public payphones, intercity bus service.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Pegram:
- TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY (about 14 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 7,346)
- NASHVILLE STATE TECHNICAL INSTITUTE (about 14 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 3,642)
- BELMONT UNIVERSITY (about 18 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,654)
- DAVID LIPSCOMB UNIVERSITY (about 20 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,260)
- VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY (about 20 miles; NASHVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 9,823)
- COLUMBIA STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE (about 34 miles; COLUMBIA, TN; Full-time enrollment: 2,784)
- AUSTIN PEAY STATE UNIVERSITY (about 37 miles; CLARKSVILLE, TN; Full-time enrollment: 5,744)