The importance of certifying your proficiency in English
Currently speaking of a second language and especially English, went from being considered a luxury to a necessity, and it is essential when looking for a good job and even for postgraduate studies abroad, however, something very It is important to have a document that supports our command of that language, so let’s see why it is necessary to certify your command of English.
Certifying your command of English gives you the following advantages
It gives you the opportunity to grow and achieve your goals as a professional.
Certifying your command of English opens the doors to get jobs faster, in addition to raising the level of your work resume and demonstrating true knowledge, it will even give you the opportunity to become independent as a professional, and expand your services internationally.
There are different exams that allow you to know your level of English, your choice will depend on the purpose you have in mind for taking the exam.
These are some; TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, each one is designed to measure different levels of English, you will choose the one that best suits your purposes, whether academic or professional, although it is advisable to have a certification in all.
Certifying your proficiency of English is a necessary investment for your career, it is also an investment that will give you immediate results, since you will be surprised at the spontaneity with which opportunities will open up for you.
Just as you need a degree to verify your degree, in the same way you need to certify your command of English to be able to verify your knowledge of the language. It is worth mentioning that for many companies this is essential, and even if you have a good level of English, it will not be of much help without a certification that supports you.
What exams do you need to do a postgraduate degree abroad?
Many students at the end of a university degree decide to go to study abroad for a postgraduate degree, if this is your case, you must know what academic requirements and legal procedures are requested by the main host countries for postgraduate degrees, pass language tests and specific knowledge to study at their universities are of the most important requirements.
One of the most complex processes when applying for a postgraduate degree are the admission procedures, certificates, degrees, recommendations and countless paperwork are part of this crucial stage. But in recent years a key factor has been added: the language proficiency exams.
Admission exams for a postgraduate degree in an English-speaking country
TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language)
This test is done to find out what your level of the English language is.
This exam is made up of 4 sections:
- Auditive comprehension
According to abbreviationfinder, the maximum score for this test is 120 points. Universities in the United States generally require over a hundred points for graduate studies. Most European study houses are more flexible and accept from 90 points. It is estimated that an unprepared student with an advanced intermediate level of English obtains between 80 and 90 points.
GRE (Graduate Record Examinations)
This assessment is subdivided into the GRE General Test, which measures verbal, quantitative and analytical knowledge, and the GRE Subject Tests, which focuses on specific topics and specific subjects, is divided into 3 sections:
- Writing: Students must compose two essays, one on a specific topic given by the examiner and another on their own opinion on a given topic.
- Mathematical questions: There are 28 questions
- Verbal section: Where they have to express their ideas aloud
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
As well as the TOEFL, this test is divided into four parts with the difference where people can choose if said evaluation is to study abroad or is for work and immigration reasons.
The countries that request this test for a postgraduate course are;
- New Zealand
GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
According to topschoolsintheusa, this is the test that business schools in the United States require to be admitted to a graduate degree, since with it students demonstrate their ability to write, verbal and quantitative analysis.
- JCU Study Abroad
- SUT Study Abroad
- UON Study Abroad
- UTS Study Abroad
- UNSW Study Abroad
- BU Study Abroad
- KPU Study Abroad
- SMU Study Abroad
- TRU Study Abroad
- UNB Study Abroad
- VIU Study Abroad
- FDU Study Abroad
- DBS Study Abroad
- GCD Study Abroad
- RSU Study Abroad
- UR Study Abroad
- AUT Study Abroad
- Taiwan History (11/27/2021) - Taiwan, whose name means "terraced bay", was originally inhabited by peoples with Austronesian languages who settled in the plains and were only pushed into the mountains by the Chinese immigrants, where their descendants still live today (Ami, Atayal). The second…
- Bulgarian Literature (11/20/2021) - Bulgarian literature, term for the first written monuments in Bulgaria from the 8th / 9th centuries. Century. These are chronicles (expanded by philosophical memorabilia) as well as building and grave inscriptions of proto-Bulgarian rulers and nobles in Greek, rarely also…
- Romania after the Dictatorship (since 1989) (11/13/2021) - The on 22./28. 12. 1989 formed Council of the FSN under Iliescu raised inter alia. the resettlement laws and announced free elections; at the same time the name of the state was changed (Republic of Romania; previously Socialist Republic of…
- Cyprus Arts (11/6/2021) - Bronze age The culturally significant Bronze Age of Cyprus is divided into three main periods: early (2300–2000 BC), middle (2000–1600 BC) and late (1600–1050 BC) Bronze Age. The early Bronze Age is represented by sites (especially graves with additions), among…
- Niger Economy and History (10/30/2021) - (République du Niger). State of north-central Africa (1,267,000 km²). Capital: Niamey. Administrative division: departments (8). Population: 14,296,816 (2008 estimate). Language: French (official), djerma, hausa, local languages, kanuri, poular, tamachek. Religion: Sunni Muslims 88.7%, animists / traditional beliefs 11%, others 0.3%.…
- Azerbaijan vs Armenia (10/29/2021) - Azerbaijan Another landlocked country in the Middle East is Azerbaijan. It lies between the Caucasus and the Caspian Sea. Even if the Caspian Sea has a sea in its name, it is a lake and the largest in the world.…
- Italy Landmarks (10/28/2021) - After Spain, Italy is one of the most popular holiday destinations for Germans. One of the reasons may be that Italy connects both those who are eager to learn and those who enjoy themselves among us, thanks to a composition…
- Dominican Republic Geography (10/27/2021) - Dominican Republic - key data Area: 48,670 square kilometers (48,320 square kilometers of land thereof, water 350 square kilometers) Population: 9.96 million (July 2011, CIA). About 70 percent of the population are mulattos, blacks and whites form important minorities with…
- Belarus Human Geography (10/26/2021) - Belarus, colloquially often Belarus, officially Respublika Belarus, German Republic of Belarus, landlocked country in Eastern Europe with (2019) 9.5 million residents; The capital is Minsk. Geography Vegetation According to 800zipcodes, over 40% of the state's area is covered by forests…
- Paraguay Population Density (10/25/2021) - The density remains among the lowest in America (15 residents / km²). According to 800zipcodes, the most populated areas are the agricultural districts of the Oriental Region, between Paraguay and the eastern hills; the density is decreasing both towards the…