The importance of certifying your proficiency in English
Currently speaking of a second language and especially English, went from being considered a luxury to a necessity, and it is essential when looking for a good job and even for postgraduate studies abroad, however, something very It is important to have a document that supports our command of that language, so let’s see why it is necessary to certify your command of English.
Certifying your command of English gives you the following advantages
It gives you the opportunity to grow and achieve your goals as a professional.
Certifying your command of English opens the doors to get jobs faster, in addition to raising the level of your work resume and demonstrating true knowledge, it will even give you the opportunity to become independent as a professional, and expand your services internationally.
There are different exams that allow you to know your level of English, your choice will depend on the purpose you have in mind for taking the exam.
These are some; TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, each one is designed to measure different levels of English, you will choose the one that best suits your purposes, whether academic or professional, although it is advisable to have a certification in all. Check bridgat for more about TOEFL exams.
Certifying your proficiency of English is a necessary investment for your career, it is also an investment that will give you immediate results, since you will be surprised at the spontaneity with which opportunities will open up for you.
Just as you need a degree to verify your degree, in the same way you need to certify your command of English to be able to verify your knowledge of the language. It is worth mentioning that for many companies this is essential, and even if you have a good level of English, it will not be of much help without a certification that supports you.
What exams do you need to do a postgraduate degree abroad?
Many students at the end of a university degree decide to go to study abroad for a postgraduate degree, if this is your case, you must know what academic requirements and legal procedures are requested by the main host countries for postgraduate degrees, pass language tests and specific knowledge to study at their universities are of the most important requirements.
One of the most complex processes when applying for a postgraduate degree are the admission procedures, certificates, degrees, recommendations and countless paperwork are part of this crucial stage. But in recent years a key factor has been added: the language proficiency exams.
Admission exams for a postgraduate degree in an English-speaking country
TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language)
This test is done to find out what your level of the English language is.
This exam is made up of 4 sections:
- Auditive comprehension
According to abbreviationfinder, the maximum score for this test is 120 points. Universities in the United States generally require over a hundred points for graduate studies. Most European study houses are more flexible and accept from 90 points. It is estimated that an unprepared student with an advanced intermediate level of English obtains between 80 and 90 points.
GRE (Graduate Record Examinations)
This assessment is subdivided into the GRE General Test, which measures verbal, quantitative and analytical knowledge, and the GRE Subject Tests, which focuses on specific topics and specific subjects, is divided into 3 sections:
- Writing: Students must compose two essays, one on a specific topic given by the examiner and another on their own opinion on a given topic.
- Mathematical questions: There are 28 questions
- Verbal section: Where they have to express their ideas aloud
IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
As well as the TOEFL, this test is divided into four parts with the difference where people can choose if said evaluation is to study abroad or is for work and immigration reasons.
The countries that request this test for a postgraduate course are;
- New Zealand
GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test)
According to topschoolsintheusa, this is the test that business schools in the United States require to be admitted to a graduate degree, since with it students demonstrate their ability to write, verbal and quantitative analysis.
- JCU Study Abroad
- SUT Study Abroad
- UON Study Abroad
- UTS Study Abroad
- UNSW Study Abroad
- BU Study Abroad
- KPU Study Abroad
- SMU Study Abroad
- TRU Study Abroad
- UNB Study Abroad
- VIU Study Abroad
- FDU Study Abroad
- DBS Study Abroad
- GCD Study Abroad
- RSU Study Abroad
- UR Study Abroad
- AUT Study Abroad
Germans do well on TOEFL and IELTS
It is therefore difficult to make a general recommendation. Everyone has to decide for themselves which of the two tests suits them better. And the question of which test is more difficult – TOEFL or IELTS – must remain unanswered, because the answer naturally depends on the level of your own English skills. From a purely statistical point of view, the Germans do very well on average in both tests , in Europe only the Dutch are better. This also coincides with my personal experience from student counseling.
Preparation for TOEFL and IELTS
The first step in good preparation is to familiarize yourself with both tests and then decide which one you are comfortable with. There are sample tasks or complete practice tests on the websites of the test organizers.
And here are some exercise books that I recommend to prepare for the exams. The first choice should always be the official preparation materials of the respective test organizer, because only there are examples from the real tests included. A CD or DVD is always included with which you can run through the test on the computer – just like later in the test center.
- Official Guide to the TOEFL Test (preparation book and CD with exercises, explanations and 3 complete original mock tests)
- Official TOEFL iBT Tests Volume 1 (Book and DVD with 5 original tests, but without explanations!)
- Official TOEFL IBT Tests Volume 2 (book and DVD with 5 additional tests, without explanations)
- Official IELTS Practice Materials 1 with Audio CD
- Official IELTS Practice Materials 2 with DVD
If you then feel that you need professional personal guidance during the preparation or generally prefer to learn in groups, you will find a language school or adult education center in every larger German city that offers preparation courses for TOEFL or IELTS.
FAFSA Codes by State
Customs and Traditions by Country
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- East London, South Africa (7/30/2022) - East London - the largest river port in the country - East London (East London), located in the province of the Eastern Cape. It was founded by the British in 1835. In 1848, the new settlement was named London, and… ...
- What to See in Mongolia (7/23/2022) - Ulgiy (Mongolia) Ulgii is located high in the Mongolian Altai mountains near the border with Russia and China. This is the land of the highest peaks of Mongolia, glaciers and untouched nature. Mostly from the city of Ulgii, long hiking… ...
- What to See in Tufi and Goroka (Papua New Guinea) (7/16/2022) - Tufi, island New Guinea (Papua New Guinea) The small town of Tufi is located in the southeastern part of Oro province on the coast of Cape Nelson, 250 km east of Port Moresby. This part of the coast differs significantly… ...
- Clipperton Island General Information (7/9/2022) - General: This isolated island was named after John CUPPERTON, a pirate who made the island his secret hideout in the early 18th century. Annexed by France in 1855, it was captured by Mexico in 1897. According to Itypeusa.com, an arbitration… ...
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands General Information (7/2/2022) - General information: According to Itypejob.com, the islands lie about 1,000 km east of the Falkland Islands. Grytviken on the island of South Georgia in the 19th and early 20th centuries. was a whaling base. Renowned explorer Ernst SHACK-LETON stopped here… ...
- Turks and Caicos Islands General Information (6/25/2022) - General: According to Indexdotcom.com, the islands were part of the Colony of Jamaica until 1962, when they were granted Crown Colony status. Managed by the Governor of the Bahamas from 1965 to 1973. After the Bahamas gained independence, the Turks… ...
- Wyoming Federal School Codes (FAFSA) (6/19/2022) - Wyoming State Overview State of the US confederacy. It was explored by the French (1743-44); the discovery of gold (1867) caused a large influx of population and numerous uprisings of Indians, which were definitively tamed in 1879. The territory of… ...
- Wisconsin Federal School Codes (FAFSA) (6/19/2022) - FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Federal School Code is an 6-digit code assigned by the U.S. Department of Education to each college or university. Students with financial aids can enter this code on an FAFSA form to… ...
- West Virginia Federal School Codes (FAFSA) (6/19/2022) - West Virginia State Overview Federated state of the USA, in the Southeast. Until 1669 the territory of the Vo was not known; Many Indian tribes camped right there against which the English colonists fought a bloody battle (Fort Pleasant, 1774).… ...
- Washington Federal School Codes (FAFSA) (6/19/2022) - FAFSA stands for Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Federal School Code is an 6-digit code assigned by the U.S. Department of Education to each college or university. Students with financial aids can enter this code on an FAFSA form to… ...