Last night Google finally released the images of factory and began to upgrade your Nexus devices to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) in a staggered fashion, so between now and the next few weeks the new version will reach operating system all users.
As usual, a few hours after launch the update for a Nexus seeps its corresponding Archive of the OTA so the more impatient can already manually update your devices safely and with an easier process than the install a factory image.
At the moment the update files have already leaked OTA for Nexus 4, 5 Nexus, Nexus 7 WiFi (2012), Nexus 7 WiFi (2013), 9 Nexus and Nexus 10. The versions with the Nexus 7 connectivity will have to wait a few more days to get the new version of Android.
Manually install the update OTA
- Nexus 4: Upgrade to 5.0 Android (LRX21T) from Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
- Nexus 5: Upgrade to 5.0 Android (LRX21O) from Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
- Nexus 7 WiFi (2012): Upgrade to 5.0 Android (LRX21P) from Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
- Nexus 7 3 G (2012): Not available
- Nexus 7 WiFi (2013): Upgrade to 5.0 Android (LRX21P) from Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
- Nexus 7 LTE (2013): Not available
- Nexus 9 WiFi: Upgrade to 5.0 Android (LRX21Q) from 5.0 Android (LRX21L)
- Nexus 10: Upgrade to 5.0 Android (LRX21P) from Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P)
To manually update need to have installed the SDK for Android and our Android device drivers and the following steps:
- Download the file us appropriate update our device and current version.
- Save the zip file in the folder Platform-tools the Android SDK.
- Connect the device to the computer.
- Turn off the phone and turn it on at the same time hold volume up + volume down + Power for entering the bootloader.
- Entering the Recovery mode with the help of the volume keys to change option and the Power button to access.
- When an icon with an exclamation mark appears press Volume up + Power At the same time.
- Select apply update from adb.
- Writing instruction from the terminal or command prompt window from your computer ADB sideload next to the name of the update.
Once installed the update just have to restart the device. This process will leave the device updated to respecting our data since it is what I would do the OTA automatically.