Today’s cell phones have certainly come a long way from the original models. The rapid technological evolution equip them with many powerful resources, making them necessary devices for daily life. In addition to keeping people connected to their family, friends and co-workers, cell phones allow them to access the Internet, listen to music, take photos, manage their e-mails, and streamline their work. It’s no surprise that most people can not live without this device.
While cell phones can be used immediately when out of the box, most people choose to add accessories to customize their phones, and optimize their features and capabilities. This guide will talk about five accessories that will not only allow one to customize your phone, but also make using the cell phone easier and more convenient.
Most cell phones already come with a charger after purchase. This is known as a wall charger, and that is the most common type of charger there. While some people are content with this charger, it is important to know that there are other types of chargers available in the market, with other more advantageous features. We can cite as examples the following types below:
- Car Charger: u m car charger lets you charge your cell phone while driving. It is often connected to the accessory jack or car cigarette lighter socket. This type of charger is useful for people who are always on the road. It is also a practical accessory for busy professionals who travel a lot with their car, coim types that differ mainly in their speed of charging the phone. All types allow you to use the phone while the battery is being charged;
- Docking station: Docking station, comes with a base unit that keeps the cell phone standing and a USB cable that connects to a computer or laptop to charge the phone. Table chargers are not exclusively for cell phones. They can also be used for other electronic devices, such as digital music players. One disadvantage of this type of charger is that you can not use the phone while charging;
- USB Charger: u m USB charger lets you charge your cell phone via a USB cable. To use it, you only need to connect one end to the phone and the other end to the USB port of a laptop or a PC. This type of charger is a great alternative for those who do not have wall chargers or access to an electrical outlet;
- Green charger: are those that make use of renewable energy to charge the phone. This is a good choice for those who are aware about the environmental impact, and want to do their part in conserving energy. Examples of green chargers are solar powered chargers, crank chargers, and bicycle chargers;
- Emergency Charger: c emergency arregadores are typically used when you need to make an emergency call. They do not carry the mobiles completely, but they give enough battery power for several minutes of talk time. These chargers usually require AAA batteries to work.
One good thing to remember before buying a charger is to first check if it is compatible with the charger port of the phone. Some brands of cell phones have similar charger ports, so they can be used with more universal chargers. However, some cell phone models have unique charger ports that may require specific models of chargers.
Protective case or cover
Whether the phone is a high-end smartphone or a simple phone , the owner will benefit from having a protective cover. This cell phone accessory basically has two purposes. First, it protects the phone from damage such as scratches, bumps, dust and spills. Secondly, it allows you to customize the appearance of the phone to make it more stylish. Since there are many types of cases and protections on the market today, some people may find it difficult to choose which one is best for your phone. Below, we provide more information on common cell phone cases to help determine the right product for you.
- Bag: Completely closes the phone to protect it from scratches, bumps and drops. Most handbags are relatively inexpensive and come in a variety of designs and colors;
- Faceplate : It is a plastic case that fits over the body of the mobile phone, protecting it from scratches. It is also a great accessory to customize the phone, since it comes in different colors and designs. Some faceplates even come with a stencil that lets you create your own design.While some boards may be placed over the phone casing, other types may require removal of the body from the original phone;
- Body Glove: It ‘s a good choice for people who need to add durability to their cell phones. It prevents the phone from gaining scratches, and also minimizes the shock of accidental drops.This accessory is usually made of neoprene, and it fits tightly around the phone casing;
- Skin: They are usually made of durable thin plastic and can be easily attached to phone casings. They not only protect the cell phones from scratches, but also allow people to show their sense of style, since they come in a wide variety of colors and designs. Skins can also be changed as many times as you want;
- Protective film: can be made to protect the body from the whole cell or just the screen . They are highly scratch resistant and some brands even give lifetime warranty for their products.
These cases and covers will not only protect the cell phone, but also allow the owner to customize the phone as well.
Most cellphones, especially smartphones and touch phones, come with some internal memory for storing messages, games, photos, music, and other files. However, most users find that their internal memory is not enough to save everything they want. The best solution for this is to use a memory card , which expands the phone’s memory so it can store more files.
Although there are many types of memory cards on the market today, the most common for cell phones is the microSD card. Created by SanDisk Corporation in 2004, it is the smallest memory card in existence and can hold up to 64GB of data on the latest handsets, which must be compatible to accept the card. Many cell phone models, such as Motorola, Samsung, Nokia, LG, and Ben-Q Siemens use this type of memory card. Another advantage of microSD cards is that they can be used in other electronic devices such as video game consoles and digital music players. There are already 128GB microSD card models, but there is still no smartphone to accept them.
The memory card that can be used on a particular phone may vary, depending on the phone model and the brand of the memory card. It is best to check with the manufacturer or the manual to find out which memory card is recommended for using the phone. It should also be noted that the use of a card incompatible with the mobile phone can affect the performance of the phone, and also result in corrupted data.
A headset is usually included in the cell phone package at the time of purchase. This accessory allows you to have telephone conversations without the need to hold the phone, thus keeping your hands free to do other things. Headsets come in a variety of styles, sizes and prices. Some are crafted for specific phone models, while others are made for more universal use. There are two types of headphones: wired and wireless.
A wired headset connects to the phone through a thin cable, while its other end contains a headset. The microphone is either built on the wire near the mouth, or integrated into the headset. Wired earphones are relatively inexpensive and are available in two main forms as described in the table below.
- In-Ear Headphones: Similar to those used for digital music players. These fit comfortably in the ears and have in-line microphones. Earphones may either have one or two plugs, and have a fixed length or retractable wire. They are easy to store since they are very compact;
- Boom headphones: typically wrap around the ear and have the microphone built into the headset. This type provides better voice reception than the ear style, and is much more resilient.However, it is less compact since it is larger in size. The wire can be of fixed length or retractable.
In addition to the wired headphones described in this table, the other type of headset is the wireless headset. As the name implies, it does not need a wire to connect to the phone. Instead, it uses a technology known as Bluetooth, which is compatible with most phones. Bluetooth headsets are available with a microphone or not. The main difference between the two is that the microphone has a mouthpiece that arches into the mouth or can be integrated into the ear plug. Bluetooth headphones are usually powered by batteries, which offer about five hours of talk at full charge.
Cell phone batteries are usually limited in power and have to be constantly charged to maximize the use of the phone. However, for some people, like travelers and field workers, charging phones is not always possible. Therefore, it is advisable to purchase an additional battery to prolong the life of the phone. Most cell phone batteries are cheap, portable and can be easily purchased at most retail stores as well as online. Of course, before making a purchase, one must know the type of battery that is recommended for the phone to avoid compatibility problems.
Whatever the cell phone accessory you buy will depend on your needs, preferences and budget. Some people may find it difficult to choose the right accessories because of the many options available today. However, the five items mentioned above, ie chargers, protective covers, memory cards, headphones and additional batteries, should give a good idea of the obligatory. Not only do these accessories allow you to use your phone more efficiently and conveniently, but they also add a personal touch and make the phone more stylish.
While these accessories are available in various types, the information and guidance provided should be able to help one decide which is the best fit for their use and thus, make even more cool the experience of having a smartphone.